Fill out the form below and a TIP Representative will contact you.
Become a Volunteer
Becoming a TIP volunteer is a way of making a hands on difference in someone’s life when they really need someone. TIP volunteers are often called upon to support someone at the very worse time in their lives.
Over a 2 week period, you will go through an intense 55 hour training by certified TIP national trainers on Emotional First Aid and Practical Care Support . After completion, citizens enter into a 3-Month Field Training Program where each trainee is paired up with a veteran volunteer. After the completion of the field training program, trainees graduate as TIP Volunteers. This ensures that all volunteers are well prepared and ready to respond to 911 Emergency Calls with confidence and assurance.
What you can expect: VIEW HERE
Potential Volunteers understand and agree to:
1. Provide a $45.00 registration fee.
2. Driver’s license with working vehicle and cell phone.
3. Maintain a working cell phone, internet access and an email account (you must have frequent access to internet and email to be a
4. Personal GPS Navigation System for routing to calls.
5. Attend mandatory monthly CE Meetings which are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
6. Complete fingerprinting and criminal background investigation.
7. Provide a DMV driving record printout (available online through each state’s website).
8. Provide a copy of auto insurance declarations page reflecting current coverage.
9. TIP volunteers will be scheduled for 3 "on call" shifts per month for 12 hours each shift, 7am-7pm OR 7pm-7am. You provide your availability for the month and 3 of those dates are scheduled for your shifts.